Last month, Eurozone banks primarily raised their sovereign debt holdings.
This was the result of the banks' passing the year-end due date, regarding balance sheet information under the European Central Bank's asset review, as determined by ECB data administered today.
Greece saw a market value rise, with financial institutions purchasing 439 million euros of sovereign debt. Hellenic banks' sovereign debt holdings increased to 13.8 billion euros, which were modified to market worth.
- Eurozone inflation at 8.9% in July – 11.5% in Greece
- Inflation in Greece leaps to 11.6% in June - 8.6% in Eurozone
- Eurozone: Inflation jumps to 7.5% in March - Greece to 8%
- ECB warns eurozone may need 1.5 trillion euros to tackle covid-19 economic crisis
- ING study: Greece among Eurozone economies vulnerable to covid-19 shock