Athenian police have outlawed public congregations in the capital's center between 6:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m., this Tuesday and Wednesday.
This timeframe marks the informal Eurogroup and ECOFIN meetings, with participating finance ministers.
Varying associations had protests planned regarding austerity mandates, during the EU financial ministerial visit. SYRIZA blamed the government of: "extreme autarchism", while ADEDY civil servant's union described the ban: "undemocratic".
Demonstrations aren't allowed in the city's center near Zappeion Hall, where the meetings will be conducted. Greek law enforcers have implemented a similar structure during other governmental officials' visits in the past. This included German Chancellor Angela Merkel's trip to Athens.
- Eurogroup: Decision on the implementation of agreed Greek debt relief measures
- How foreign tourists evaluate Greece's reputation
- Athens: Syntagma Square renovation almost done
- Invasion of international hotel chains in Athens
- S. Arabian Crown Prince Salman in Athens: We can provide Greece, SE Europe with cheaper, more effective energy