International Monetary Fund Managing Director Christine Lagarde believes Greece is now heading on the right path.
Talking to reporters today, the IMF Managing Director stated that the nation's capital markets return is a vivid sign that it will make a full international markets comeback.
Lagarde explained, "It is the case that Greece is still under a programme, and that we have just recently approved a review of the programme, which shows that after significant discussions and work being done by the Greek authorities and the Greek people, progress is under way...I see the issue that took place today that was massively oversubscribed, as an indication that Greece is heading in the right direction, and that the water testing that the authorities wanted to do is really successful".
- Greece with two champions in Thursday’s women’s pole vault finals at Tokyo Olympics
- CDC warning against travel to Greece
- Leipsoi: High occupancy this summer
- Mitsotakis: Greece, Cyprus will never resign from right to self-defense
- Tourism: Which islands are under scrutiny for covid measures after Mykonos