International Monetary Fund Managing Director Christine Lagarde believes Greece is now heading on the right path.
Talking to reporters today, the IMF Managing Director stated that the nation's capital markets return is a vivid sign that it will make a full international markets comeback.
Lagarde explained, "It is the case that Greece is still under a programme, and that we have just recently approved a review of the programme, which shows that after significant discussions and work being done by the Greek authorities and the Greek people, progress is under way...I see the issue that took place today that was massively oversubscribed, as an indication that Greece is heading in the right direction, and that the water testing that the authorities wanted to do is really successful".
- Washington Examiner: US considers leaving Incirlik and "sees" alternative in Greece
- AHI Participates on State Department Call on Eastern Med Developments
- Athens-Nicosia in step for the EU summit for Belarus and Turkish aggression
- 25 personalities support Greece and Cyprus against Turkish aggression in letter to the "Times"
- Turkish foreign minister accuses Greece of 'black propaganda', attacks Joe Biden