International Monetary Fund Managing Director Christine Lagarde believes Greece is now heading on the right path.
Talking to reporters today, the IMF Managing Director stated that the nation's capital markets return is a vivid sign that it will make a full international markets comeback.
Lagarde explained, "It is the case that Greece is still under a programme, and that we have just recently approved a review of the programme, which shows that after significant discussions and work being done by the Greek authorities and the Greek people, progress is under way...I see the issue that took place today that was massively oversubscribed, as an indication that Greece is heading in the right direction, and that the water testing that the authorities wanted to do is really successful".
- Tourism premiere: What will happen this year with American tourists and the role of TUI
- ‘All you want is Greece’ this year’s tourism slogan for closely watched 2021 season
- More than eight-fold coverage for the new Greek 5-year bond
- Factors of flight and repatriation: The example of Greek Brain Drainers living in the United Kingdom
- WTCC: Greece is a global example of safe opening of tourism