International Monetary Fund Managing Director Christine Lagarde believes Greece is now heading on the right path.
Talking to reporters today, the IMF Managing Director stated that the nation's capital markets return is a vivid sign that it will make a full international markets comeback.
Lagarde explained, "It is the case that Greece is still under a programme, and that we have just recently approved a review of the programme, which shows that after significant discussions and work being done by the Greek authorities and the Greek people, progress is under way...I see the issue that took place today that was massively oversubscribed, as an indication that Greece is heading in the right direction, and that the water testing that the authorities wanted to do is really successful".
- War and Power in Classical Greece: Lessons for Superpowers and the World
- The 22nd Annual Capital Link Invest in Greece Forum: "Greece – Looking Ahead With Confidence"
- Ankara did not like the EU sanctions resolution
- Greece ranks 5th in top tourism brands
- Number of American students studying in Greece shows steady rise, according to institute data