During the German Chancellor's opening remarks in Athens today, Angela Merkel described how the nation has more opportunities than difficulties.
Today marks her one-day visit to the Greek capital, concerning its current financial state.
Merkel declared, "I came to learn from you...I'm here to take a look at the future." She described that both Germany and Greece are ready to contribute to small and medium sized business fundings. The meetings between Greek officials and the German Chancellor focused on tourism and services, and agriculture. Merkel discussed the benefits of recent technology services available and funding issues.
German newspaper Handelsbatt explained that Prime Minister Antonis Samaras and Angela Merkel are predicted to ratify a memorandum of understanding regarding the formation of a Hellenic investment fund, that would offer low interest rate loans to assist small and medium-sized businesses. The two premiers have a planned meeting at Maximos Mansion later today. German Chancellor Angela Merkel's visit to Athens was deemed a positive one.
- State Department: We support the energy interconnection between Eastern Mediterranean-Europe via Greece
- Emblematic Greek artist Fasianos, 87, passes away
- Cloudy future for the cruise industry
- Sani Resort - World’s Leading Family & Beach Resort in the world
- THI’s support for together for children protects kids in Greece