The Greek Police Internal Affairs Department conducted an investigation, that revealed over 12.5 million euros in illegal pensions were collected by citizens.
As reported by the Department today, the year-long study found 179 fraud cases across the nation between 1991-2012. Illegal pension takers will be indicated on felony charges by state prosecutors.
- The husband of Greece's National Natural Gas System Operator CEO was arrested in Athens for fraud
- London: The Greek "Wolf of Wall Street" convicted of a Ponzi scheme
- Businessman on Crete loses money to fraudsters posing as local gvt
- Greek authorities arrest man wanted in Germany for 1.5-mln-euro scam
- Did England commit fraud to keep The Parthenon Sculptures?