Yesterday, Eurobank Chief Executive Christos Megalou declared his confidence, that the financial institution's capital growth will be strongly finalized in the near future.
The Chief Executive administered a letter to the bank's employees. Megalou penned: "The completion of the increase will not be the end of a cycle, but the start of a new one, with optimism and positive prospects from a privileged position for the full fruition of the job we are all offering. Eurobank will enjoy the highest Core Tier 1 capital adequacy ratio in the Greek banking system and the second-lowest ratio of loans to deposits, allowing for more maneuvering in lending".
Additionally, yesterday Bloomberg reported that National Bank plans to offer senior bonds, after the government's recent capital markets return. The purchase will occur after next week's London seminar and investor calls, according to a individual experienced in the issue, as reported by Kathimerini.
- Mitsotakis to Bloomberg: Proposal for short-term intervention in gas pricing
- Prime Minister Kyriakos Mitsotakis’ interview with Bloomberg
- PM Mitsotakis to investors on Bloomberg: We expect 2021 to be a year of strong recovery
- Greece did something right in dealing with coronavirus spread, writes Bloomberg
- Bloomberg: “World’s Virus Crisis Fighters Can Learn From Greek Tales of Woe”