Greece announced today, that Italian company Enel has asked for exploration permission, concerning Greek oil and gas.
Enel has show interest in three onshore spaces in the western part of the nation. The Energy Ministry is deciding on the Italian's application. If permission is authorized, Greek oil companies will be offered at least 3 months to offer applications for the same regions themselves.
Energy Minister Yiannis Maniatis stated, "Enel Group's decision... is a vote of confidence in our great national effort to exploit our mineral wealth". Greece has recently attracted oil companies around Europe to develop and examine its areas.
Athens imports the majority of its natural gas and oil. The state spent 15.6 billion euros on fuel imports in 2013, which amounts to approximately 8.6% of its gross domestic product.
- Greece - pandemic - What do infection specialists expect for the end of September?
- Mikis Theodorakis passes - Greece mourns
- Bonds - The Greek state raised 2.5 billion euros
- The lonely islet of Kyra of the Saronic Gulf located in the "shadow" of Agistri
- Southern Aegean is "key" to Greek tourism success story