Greece announced today, that Italian company Enel has asked for exploration permission, concerning Greek oil and gas.
Enel has show interest in three onshore spaces in the western part of the nation. The Energy Ministry is deciding on the Italian's application. If permission is authorized, Greek oil companies will be offered at least 3 months to offer applications for the same regions themselves.
Energy Minister Yiannis Maniatis stated, "Enel Group's decision... is a vote of confidence in our great national effort to exploit our mineral wealth". Greece has recently attracted oil companies around Europe to develop and examine its areas.
Athens imports the majority of its natural gas and oil. The state spent 15.6 billion euros on fuel imports in 2013, which amounts to approximately 8.6% of its gross domestic product.
- State Department: We support the energy interconnection between Eastern Mediterranean-Europe via Greece
- Emblematic Greek artist Fasianos, 87, passes away
- Cloudy future for the cruise industry
- Sani Resort - World’s Leading Family & Beach Resort in the world
- THI’s support for together for children protects kids in Greece