Currently, 185,000 out of over 340,000 low income applications regarding Greece's 2013 primarily surplus, have been approved.
This figure was confirmed by Greek Revenue Secretary Haris Theoharis.
The Secretary stated that about 1 million citizens qualify for social dividends, which amounts to 525 million euros. The funds will be granted to individuals that make less than 6,500 euros annually. Recipients will receive their monetary benefits within the first ten days of next month.
- Greek state budget showed primary surplus of 595 million euros in Jan-March
- Mitsotakis, Gentiloni agree discussion can start on reducing Greece's primary surplus targets
- Greek state budget shows primary surplus of 5.755 billion euros in Jan-Oct
- Greek budget recorded primary surplus of 4.479 billion euros in Jan-Sept
- PM Mitsotakis discusses fiscal prospects and primary surplus targets with European Commissioner Moscovici