Pireaus Bank SA sold its Athens Water Supply & Sewage Co. SA 9.9% holding to Paulson & Co. SA at 86.3 million euros, as reported by a Piraeus bank premier.
Athens Water Supply & Sewage is the nation's largest water company and is worth 1 billion euros. Greece owns 61% of the business, as stated by Bloomberg.
The Hellenic government's April 30th medium-term fiscal plan reported that it will sell its part of Athens Water Supply & Sewage Co. in 2015, in order to generate revenues for its 2.2 billion euro goal, deriving from state purchases.
Greece's second largest finance institution Piraeus Bank, bought a portion of the business when it gained the Agricultural Bank of Greece's stock two years ago. Shares of Athens Water Supply & Sewage Co. increased 4.1% at 9.68 euros today, at 3:40 p.m. GST.
- Piraeus Bank successfully completes 500-mln-euro bond issue
- Piraeus Bank transfers management of NPL portfolio to AFS
- Eurobank concludes acquisition of Piraeus Bank's subsidiary in Bulgaria
- Eurobank, Ethniki, Piraeus delisted from MSCI Standard Greece index
- Financial black out. What next after "Black Wednesday"