PPC Auctions Result in Reduced Electricity Rates
Geek high and medium voltage energy users will benefit shorty, with a reduction in electricity rates, due to the 20% to 30% auction of Public Power Corporation's independent hydroelectric and thermal outputs.
This is a result of a retail power market opening, administered by Regulatory Authority for Energy yesterday, that runs until May 30th. The auctions are within market liberalization mediations, that will be achieved by October.
This will take place prior to Small PPC's bundling and sale. The Regulatory Authority for Energy's scheme follows the NOME model. The model applied in France, authorizes any individual holding an electricity supply license, to obtain lignite and hydroelectric-generate power, and sell to the public at a fixed rate.
- Greek PPC: What the deal with Enel for Romanian assets mean for the company and Greece
- Greece's PPC: The deal with Enel was announced
- Electricity and gas from Greece will power the Balkans
- Greece is among European countries with the cheapest electricity
- Greece's PPC: The benefits of the acquisition of Enel's assets in Romania