Geek high and medium voltage energy users will benefit shorty, with a reduction in electricity rates, due to the 20% to 30% auction of Public Power Corporation's independent hydroelectric and thermal outputs.
This is a result of a retail power market opening, administered by Regulatory Authority for Energy yesterday, that runs until May 30th. The auctions are within market liberalization mediations, that will be achieved by October.
This will take place prior to Small PPC's bundling and sale. The Regulatory Authority for Energy's scheme follows the NOME model. The model applied in France, authorizes any individual holding an electricity supply license, to obtain lignite and hydroelectric-generate power, and sell to the public at a fixed rate.
- PPC: Phasing out of lignite units to reduce annual cost by 400 mln euros
- Energy bill passed, national energy and climate policy plan approved, PPC strikes called off
- S&P raises PPC's credit rating to B- from CCC+
- Chinese bank shows interest in investing in PPC’s share capital
- Hatzidakis to present measures for PPC, DEPA