Cypriot tourist arrivals increased by 11.4% last month compared to last year's same time frame, as determined by the Cyprus Statistical Service today.
April's tourism number totaled 180,998, in comparison to last year's 162,439 figure. Travelers originating from the United Kingdom increased by 18.9%, with 61,888 individuals coming to the island this year.
Arrivals from Greece increased by 22.7%, German tourist numbers enlarged by 1.7%, while Russian travelers enlarged by 13.7%. However, there was a recorded decline in Swedish travelers, with a 35.1% decrease.
In the first four months of 2014, Cyprus received 344,435 tourists, while the same period last year experienced 339, 672 travelers, resulting in an overall 1.4% increase.
- AHI Publishes Fact Sheet on Missing Persons in Cyprus
- Washington Examiner: US considers leaving Incirlik and "sees" alternative in Greece
- Turkey issues NAVTEX for live fire drills with Russia off Cyprus and on edge of Greek EEZ
- AHI Participates on State Department Call on Eastern Med Developments
- Cyprus: What are the "non-lethal weapons" included in the lifting of the US embargo?