Cypriot tourist arrivals increased by 11.4% last month compared to last year's same time frame, as determined by the Cyprus Statistical Service today.
April's tourism number totaled 180,998, in comparison to last year's 162,439 figure. Travelers originating from the United Kingdom increased by 18.9%, with 61,888 individuals coming to the island this year.
Arrivals from Greece increased by 22.7%, German tourist numbers enlarged by 1.7%, while Russian travelers enlarged by 13.7%. However, there was a recorded decline in Swedish travelers, with a 35.1% decrease.
In the first four months of 2014, Cyprus received 344,435 tourists, while the same period last year experienced 339, 672 travelers, resulting in an overall 1.4% increase.
- FM Dendias to Cyprus and Israel for talks
- Blinken: US to call for strong UN response to Varosha opening
- Cyprus: 47 years since the Turkish invasion
- Tourism: Which islands are under scrutiny for covid measures after Mykonos
- Hellenic Tourism Organization signs memorandum of cooperation with Municipality of Athens