This year, Greek tourism rates are booming, as international arrivals are significantly larger compared to competing destinations.
According to Kathimerini, the Civil Aviation Authority reports that in the first four months of 2014, a 21% gain in air landings has occurred. 1.81 million tourists, compared to 1.5 million during the same timeframe in 2013, have frequented the nation's airports. Athens International Airport experienced the largest increase.
This April compared to last year's April, felt a 33.9% increase in global tourism. Domestic travel activity held a 29.8% enlargement in April as well. Thankfully, global media travel reports are positively showcasing Greek tourism; a sharp contrast on negative claims about Greece during the summer of 2012.
Additional factors that have enhanced Hellenic travel activity include a rise in available airplane tickets, competitive hotel prices, and a boost in international tourism investments in Greece. It has been determined that reservations from all major worldwide hubs are enlarging. Russia is the only major market that is not visiting the nation as much as it previously did in the beginning of 2014.
- Spike in US tourist arrivals to Greece in 2022
- Morgan Stanley: Greece will have the best performance in the Eurozone
- EU spokesperson: Turkey's hostile remarks against Greece and Greeks 'raise serious concerns'
- How foreign tourists evaluate Greece's reputation
- Tourism Min.: The goal is to further extend the tourist season