Today, Public Power Corporation reported that its pre-tax profits soared to 109.3 million euros in 2014's first quarter, compared to 45.1 million euros in last year's timeframe.
PPC determined that the improvement amounts to the introduction of a natural gas price discount, that was administered in the last six months of 2013, and a 21.3 million euro return by Mytilineos Group member Aluminium. Without these elements, pre-tax strides would amount to 64.8 million euros in the time period.
According to ANA-MPA, PPC Chairman and Chief Executive Arthuros Zervos described the results, "...in a difficult economic environment, PPC's strategic options and measurable achievements strengthened its credibility and its outlook, a fact reflected in S&P's decision to upgrade PPC's credit rating by three notches from CCC to B".
- Tourism premiere: What will happen this year with American tourists and the role of TUI
- ‘All you want is Greece’ this year’s tourism slogan for closely watched 2021 season
- More than eight-fold coverage for the new Greek 5-year bond
- Factors of flight and repatriation: The example of Greek Brain Drainers living in the United Kingdom
- WTCC: Greece is a global example of safe opening of tourism