Today, Public Power Corporation reported that its pre-tax profits soared to 109.3 million euros in 2014's first quarter, compared to 45.1 million euros in last year's timeframe.
PPC determined that the improvement amounts to the introduction of a natural gas price discount, that was administered in the last six months of 2013, and a 21.3 million euro return by Mytilineos Group member Aluminium. Without these elements, pre-tax strides would amount to 64.8 million euros in the time period.
According to ANA-MPA, PPC Chairman and Chief Executive Arthuros Zervos described the results, "...in a difficult economic environment, PPC's strategic options and measurable achievements strengthened its credibility and its outlook, a fact reflected in S&P's decision to upgrade PPC's credit rating by three notches from CCC to B".
- War and Power in Classical Greece: Lessons for Superpowers and the World
- The 22nd Annual Capital Link Invest in Greece Forum: "Greece – Looking Ahead With Confidence"
- Ankara did not like the EU sanctions resolution
- Greece ranks 5th in top tourism brands
- Number of American students studying in Greece shows steady rise, according to institute data