Today, Public Power Corporation reported that its pre-tax profits soared to 109.3 million euros in 2014's first quarter, compared to 45.1 million euros in last year's timeframe.
PPC determined that the improvement amounts to the introduction of a natural gas price discount, that was administered in the last six months of 2013, and a 21.3 million euro return by Mytilineos Group member Aluminium. Without these elements, pre-tax strides would amount to 64.8 million euros in the time period.
According to ANA-MPA, PPC Chairman and Chief Executive Arthuros Zervos described the results, "...in a difficult economic environment, PPC's strategic options and measurable achievements strengthened its credibility and its outlook, a fact reflected in S&P's decision to upgrade PPC's credit rating by three notches from CCC to B".
- Washington Examiner: US considers leaving Incirlik and "sees" alternative in Greece
- AHI Participates on State Department Call on Eastern Med Developments
- Athens-Nicosia in step for the EU summit for Belarus and Turkish aggression
- 25 personalities support Greece and Cyprus against Turkish aggression in letter to the "Times"
- Turkish foreign minister accuses Greece of 'black propaganda', attacks Joe Biden