Hellenic airports are receiving a substantial amount of charter flights, as Greece embarks on its peak summer season.
Nations that just started direct connections to the country have begun their routes. As reported by Kathimerini, Crete's Deltanet Travel Agency will begin its initial charter flight from Moldovan capital Chisinau, to Iraklio's Nikos Kazantzakis Airport.
Araxos Airport hosted its first charter flight originating from London last week, which brought 100 tourists to the western Peloponnese and Patra regions. Beginning next summer, three weekly flights to Araxos from the UK will be administered.
- Washington Examiner: US considers leaving Incirlik and "sees" alternative in Greece
- AHI Participates on State Department Call on Eastern Med Developments
- Fishermen and locals in Crete took hot homemade food to the frigate "Lemnos"
- The huge US helicopter carrier that docked at Souda (vid)
- Athens-Nicosia in step for the EU summit for Belarus and Turkish aggression