Hellenic airports are receiving a substantial amount of charter flights, as Greece embarks on its peak summer season.
Nations that just started direct connections to the country have begun their routes. As reported by Kathimerini, Crete's Deltanet Travel Agency will begin its initial charter flight from Moldovan capital Chisinau, to Iraklio's Nikos Kazantzakis Airport.
Araxos Airport hosted its first charter flight originating from London last week, which brought 100 tourists to the western Peloponnese and Patra regions. Beginning next summer, three weekly flights to Araxos from the UK will be administered.
- The game's afoot for airlines ahead of Greece's tourism opening
- Crete expects 2 million tourists in 2021
- Child resiscutated after more than two hours without a heartbeat
- The 62nd round of exploratory contacts between Greece and Turkey will take place on March 16 in Athens
- War and Power in Classical Greece: Lessons for Superpowers and the World