Greece's food industry is beginning to recover, as market chain's turnover data has revealed that sales volume is picking up, in the first three months of the year.
According to Kathimerini, IRI marketing consultants determined that the previous decline in grocery store sales that hit 6.9% last August on a yearly basis, were marked at only 1.8% last month.
Supermarket purchasing declined by 1.9% in total, during the first quarter of this year. This was a result of competitive methods administered by major Hellenic food chains, such as price reductions and specialized offers. Veropoulos has opened two new supermarkets, while Sklavenitis, Vassilopoulos and Lidl are planning to enlarge their locations as well.
- The 62nd round of exploratory contacts between Greece and Turkey will take place on March 16 in Athens
- War and Power in Classical Greece: Lessons for Superpowers and the World
- The 22nd Annual Capital Link Invest in Greece Forum: "Greece – Looking Ahead With Confidence"
- Ankara did not like the EU sanctions resolution
- Greece ranks 5th in top tourism brands