Greece's food industry is beginning to recover, as market chain's turnover data has revealed that sales volume is picking up, in the first three months of the year.
According to Kathimerini, IRI marketing consultants determined that the previous decline in grocery store sales that hit 6.9% last August on a yearly basis, were marked at only 1.8% last month.
Supermarket purchasing declined by 1.9% in total, during the first quarter of this year. This was a result of competitive methods administered by major Hellenic food chains, such as price reductions and specialized offers. Veropoulos has opened two new supermarkets, while Sklavenitis, Vassilopoulos and Lidl are planning to enlarge their locations as well.
- Greece - pandemic - What do infection specialists expect for the end of September?
- Mikis Theodorakis passes - Greece mourns
- Bonds - The Greek state raised 2.5 billion euros
- The lonely islet of Kyra of the Saronic Gulf located in the "shadow" of Agistri
- Southern Aegean is "key" to Greek tourism success story