Greece's food industry is beginning to recover, as market chain's turnover data has revealed that sales volume is picking up, in the first three months of the year.
According to Kathimerini, IRI marketing consultants determined that the previous decline in grocery store sales that hit 6.9% last August on a yearly basis, were marked at only 1.8% last month.
Supermarket purchasing declined by 1.9% in total, during the first quarter of this year. This was a result of competitive methods administered by major Hellenic food chains, such as price reductions and specialized offers. Veropoulos has opened two new supermarkets, while Sklavenitis, Vassilopoulos and Lidl are planning to enlarge their locations as well.
- State Department: We support the energy interconnection between Eastern Mediterranean-Europe via Greece
- Emblematic Greek artist Fasianos, 87, passes away
- Cloudy future for the cruise industry
- Sani Resort - World’s Leading Family & Beach Resort in the world
- THI’s support for together for children protects kids in Greece