Today marks the 50th anniversary of friendly collaboration between Kuwait and Greece, and was commemorated with the ratification of two agreements, regarding tourism sector partnership and mutual securement advancement.
Government Vice President Evangelos Venizelos and Kuwaiti colleague Sheikh Sabah Khaled Al-Hamad Al-Sabah signed the agreements. The new Kuwaiti Embassy in Athens was introduced by the two governmental leaders today as well.
Delegates of the two nations held a meeting that centered on regional, bilateral and global issues. As reported by ANA-MPA, Venizelos stated: "...the investment environment in Greece is improving and the country is becoming an attractive destination for investments and cooperation in the sector of privatisations".
The government VP expressed his hope for increased bilateral financial cooperation, regarding environmental and energy efforts. During today's activities, Kuwait delegates repeated their desire for the lifting of Schengen visa requirements on its citizens.
- Polylimnio, the hidden treasure of Messinia (vid)
- Turkey: Inflammatory rhetoric ahead of bilateral meeting
- Greece-France ink deal for frigates and defense agreement
- Monica Bellucci in Athens for three nights for play about Maria Callas
- Greece - pandemic - What do infection specialists expect for the end of September?