Today marks the 50th anniversary of friendly collaboration between Kuwait and Greece, and was commemorated with the ratification of two agreements, regarding tourism sector partnership and mutual securement advancement.
Government Vice President Evangelos Venizelos and Kuwaiti colleague Sheikh Sabah Khaled Al-Hamad Al-Sabah signed the agreements. The new Kuwaiti Embassy in Athens was introduced by the two governmental leaders today as well.
Delegates of the two nations held a meeting that centered on regional, bilateral and global issues. As reported by ANA-MPA, Venizelos stated: "...the investment environment in Greece is improving and the country is becoming an attractive destination for investments and cooperation in the sector of privatisations".
The government VP expressed his hope for increased bilateral financial cooperation, regarding environmental and energy efforts. During today's activities, Kuwait delegates repeated their desire for the lifting of Schengen visa requirements on its citizens.
- ‘All you want is Greece’ this year’s tourism slogan for closely watched 2021 season
- More than eight-fold coverage for the new Greek 5-year bond
- Factors of flight and repatriation: The example of Greek Brain Drainers living in the United Kingdom
- WTCC: Greece is a global example of safe opening of tourism
- The game's afoot for airlines ahead of Greece's tourism opening