Eurozone Finance Ministry delegates criticized the Greek government, regarding former General Secretary for Public Revenue Haris Theoharis' resignation, at the Euro Working Group.
The council officials also cautioned that Greece's tax collection sector might be offered total independence from the Finance Ministry, from troika delegates of the IMF, European Central Bank and the European Commission.
According to Kathimerini, France's EWG official stated of Theoharis, "I do not believe this was a resignation", to his Greek colleague Panos Tsakloglou. European officials are considering the former General Secretary for Public Revenue's departure, as Greece's first attempt to return the control of Hellenic tax collection methods to the nation's government.
Many EWG members called for the new Public Revenue General Secretary to be granted institutional autonomy, while Greece urged the council to wait for a new General Secretary to be positioned.
- Joint exercise with Greece, Egypt, France, the UAE, and Cyprus (vid)
- Greek priest shot in Lyon, France
- Paris and Berlin threaten Ankara
- Unbelievable rant by Erdogan's adviser: We will shoot down 5-6 Greek fighters, we will sink the aircraft carrier Charles de Gaule
- The Mitsotakis-Macron meeting within days ... Rafale fighters for Greece