Eurozone Finance Ministry delegates criticized the Greek government, regarding former General Secretary for Public Revenue Haris Theoharis' resignation, at the Euro Working Group.
The council officials also cautioned that Greece's tax collection sector might be offered total independence from the Finance Ministry, from troika delegates of the IMF, European Central Bank and the European Commission.
According to Kathimerini, France's EWG official stated of Theoharis, "I do not believe this was a resignation", to his Greek colleague Panos Tsakloglou. European officials are considering the former General Secretary for Public Revenue's departure, as Greece's first attempt to return the control of Hellenic tax collection methods to the nation's government.
Many EWG members called for the new Public Revenue General Secretary to be granted institutional autonomy, while Greece urged the council to wait for a new General Secretary to be positioned.
- PM Mitsotakis: Quadrilateral cooperation scheme is very important
- ForMin - The three advantages of our agreement with France
- Greece-France ink deal for frigates and defense agreement
- INIOCHOS 2021 exercise brought together fighters from six nations to Greek skies (vid)
- Greece is a bridge of cooperation between the EU and the Arab world