Last month, Greece experienced additional deflation; the consumer price index fell -2.1%, compared to last year's May, as reported by Eurostat today.
The European statistical agency released a report that recorded deflation rates by EU members. As stated by ANA-MPA, Bulgaria fell by -1.8%, Cyprus held -0.1%, Portugal experienced a -0.3% decrease. The highest inflation rate holders were Austria at 1.5%, Luxembourg at 1.4%, and Romania with 1.3%.
The Eurozone inflation rate altered to 0.5%, in comparison to 0.7% in April; last year's figure was at 1.4%. The EU inflation rate generated 0.6%, in comparison to last year's 1.6% rate. The inflation rate decreased in 16 member nations, four states remained unaltered, while seven countries experienced a rise.
- Greece - pandemic - What do infection specialists expect for the end of September?
- Mikis Theodorakis passes - Greece mourns
- Bonds - The Greek state raised 2.5 billion euros
- The lonely islet of Kyra of the Saronic Gulf located in the "shadow" of Agistri
- Southern Aegean is "key" to Greek tourism success story