Hellenic tourism revenue soared 28% between this January to April, and reached 900 million euros.
Actual tourists increased by 21.1%, in comparison to last year's same time frame and generated over 1.9 million foreigners, as reported by the National Bank of Greece today.
Travelers originating from European Union member states generated 1,022 million; a 23% increase this year. Eurozone nation tourists rose 15.3% and arrivals from other EU states improved by 32.9%.
UK and German tourists enlarged by 44.2% and 14.8%. However, France travelers decreased by 9%. American tourism expanded by 24% to 58,000, while Russia enlarged to 54.2% with 37,000 travelers.
- Greek islands vaccinated and waiting for travellers
- Crete expects 2 million tourists in 2021
- The 62nd round of exploratory contacts between Greece and Turkey will take place on March 16 in Athens
- European Commission preparing safe traveling initiative, vaccination certificate
- Exploratory talks with with Turkish vessel Cesme in the Aegean!