Hellenic tourism revenue soared 28% between this January to April, and reached 900 million euros.
Actual tourists increased by 21.1%, in comparison to last year's same time frame and generated over 1.9 million foreigners, as reported by the National Bank of Greece today.
Travelers originating from European Union member states generated 1,022 million; a 23% increase this year. Eurozone nation tourists rose 15.3% and arrivals from other EU states improved by 32.9%.
UK and German tourists enlarged by 44.2% and 14.8%. However, France travelers decreased by 9%. American tourism expanded by 24% to 58,000, while Russia enlarged to 54.2% with 37,000 travelers.
- PM Mitsotakis stresses need to speed up EU's vaccines approval process
- Turkish foreign minister heralds meeting with Greek counterpart
- Greece welcomes US sanctions against two Turkish ministries, three top officials
- The 22nd Annual Capital Link Invest in Greece Forum: "Greece – Looking Ahead With Confidence"
- Dendias: Turkey's stance a provocation for all of Europe