Hellenic tourism revenue soared 28% between this January to April, and reached 900 million euros.
Actual tourists increased by 21.1%, in comparison to last year's same time frame and generated over 1.9 million foreigners, as reported by the National Bank of Greece today.
Travelers originating from European Union member states generated 1,022 million; a 23% increase this year. Eurozone nation tourists rose 15.3% and arrivals from other EU states improved by 32.9%.
UK and German tourists enlarged by 44.2% and 14.8%. However, France travelers decreased by 9%. American tourism expanded by 24% to 58,000, while Russia enlarged to 54.2% with 37,000 travelers.
- Greek companies take EU lead in innovation
- Greek, Italian, French, and Cyprus defense ministers meet in Brussels
- Nouriel Roubini: World War III has begun -Erdogan may invade Greece next year
- EDA chief Jiří Šedivý: Joint procurement of military hardware for EU states
- PLAY to fly from Athens to Iceland and USA from June 2023