Yesterday, Yannis Stournaras was approved as the new National Bank of governor by the Parliament's Committee on State-Owned Enterprises, Banks and Public Utility Enterprises and Social Security Agencies.
Stournaras' new post decision held 10 votes for, seven against and one abstention. New Democracy and PASOK voted in favor of the former Finance MInister, while SYRIZA, Golden Dawn the Communist Party of Greece voted against him. DIMAR abstained from voting and Independent MP Nikos Nikolopoulos did not attend the vote.
- Will the government get enough votes to pass the bill on Greek expat vote?
- Parliament votes for investigation into former SYRIZA minister
- Mitsotakis wants unity, attacks SYRIZA for divisiveness
- Prime Minister, parties condemn violence
- SYRIZA MP claims that "17 November" never terrorized anyone despite dozens of murders