Yesterday, Yannis Stournaras was approved as the new National Bank of governor by the Parliament's Committee on State-Owned Enterprises, Banks and Public Utility Enterprises and Social Security Agencies.
Stournaras' new post decision held 10 votes for, seven against and one abstention. New Democracy and PASOK voted in favor of the former Finance MInister, while SYRIZA, Golden Dawn the Communist Party of Greece voted against him. DIMAR abstained from voting and Independent MP Nikos Nikolopoulos did not attend the vote.
- Greek main opposition SYRIZA withering away as members leave party
- SYRIZA and PASOK leaders to meet
- Stelios Kouloglou leaves SYRIZA Eurogroup
- PASOK leader's attack on SYRIZA's Kasselakis shutters all talk of collaboration
- ND-backed incumbents in Athens, Thessaloniki soundly defeated; ND 'rebel' candidates win most of remaining regional governor seats