Yesterday, Yannis Stournaras was approved as the new National Bank of governor by the Parliament's Committee on State-Owned Enterprises, Banks and Public Utility Enterprises and Social Security Agencies.
Stournaras' new post decision held 10 votes for, seven against and one abstention. New Democracy and PASOK voted in favor of the former Finance MInister, while SYRIZA, Golden Dawn the Communist Party of Greece voted against him. DIMAR abstained from voting and Independent MP Nikos Nikolopoulos did not attend the vote.
- Villa rented by Tsipras at Sounio causes quite a stir
- ECHR: Greece will pay compensation of 312,500 euros to a hotel owner - It was occupied for three years, under SYRIZA
- Golden Dawn members in jail - Lagos awats lifting EMP immunity, Pappas fled
- SYRIZA's Polakis attacks singer Sakis Rouvas for Golden Dawn sympathies
- SYRIZA expels Kontonis for criticism over penal code