Yesterday, Yannis Stournaras was approved as the new National Bank of governor by the Parliament's Committee on State-Owned Enterprises, Banks and Public Utility Enterprises and Social Security Agencies.
Stournaras' new post decision held 10 votes for, seven against and one abstention. New Democracy and PASOK voted in favor of the former Finance MInister, while SYRIZA, Golden Dawn the Communist Party of Greece voted against him. DIMAR abstained from voting and Independent MP Nikos Nikolopoulos did not attend the vote.
- Nikos Androulakis is KINAL party president in convincing victory over ex-PM G. Papandreou
- KINAL Elections – Results in 90.26% of the ballots
- Fugitive Golden Dawn top cadre Christos Pappas arrested
- Golden Dawn's Lagos arrested in Belgium
- Will the government get enough votes to pass the bill on Greek expat vote?