Eurostat confirmed today that Greece's unemployment rate remains the largest, regarding all European Union member states.
It stood at 26.8% in March and held 26.9% in February. March's figure contained a total of 1,275,000 Greek citizens out of work. Spain holds the second highest unemployment figure at 25.1% in May.
The lowest figures were determined in Austria at 4.7%, Germany at 5.1% and Malta at 5.7%. The European Union rate decreased to 10.3% in May, compared to 10.4% in April.
- PM Mitsotakis meeting with EU officials in Strasbourg on Tuesday over emergency aid
- Greece submits request to Commission to modify recovery, resilience plan by adding REPowerEU chapter
- Mitsotakis-Modi decide to double bilateral trade and deepen strategic relationship between Greece and India
- Climate Change: Greece's performance - Doing well, could do better
- Mitsotakis welcomes Swedish NATO accession; meeting with Albania’s Rama, refers to pending contacts with Erdogan