Eurostat confirmed today that Greece's unemployment rate remains the largest, regarding all European Union member states.
It stood at 26.8% in March and held 26.9% in February. March's figure contained a total of 1,275,000 Greek citizens out of work. Spain holds the second highest unemployment figure at 25.1% in May.
The lowest figures were determined in Austria at 4.7%, Germany at 5.1% and Malta at 5.7%. The European Union rate decreased to 10.3% in May, compared to 10.4% in April.
- Washington Examiner: US considers leaving Incirlik and "sees" alternative in Greece
- AHI Participates on State Department Call on Eastern Med Developments
- With friends like these who needs enemies! - Minutes from the meeting of the EU Foreign Ministers
- Athens-Nicosia in step for the EU summit for Belarus and Turkish aggression
- 25 personalities support Greece and Cyprus against Turkish aggression in letter to the "Times"