Eurostat confirmed today that Greece's unemployment rate remains the largest, regarding all European Union member states.
It stood at 26.8% in March and held 26.9% in February. March's figure contained a total of 1,275,000 Greek citizens out of work. Spain holds the second highest unemployment figure at 25.1% in May.
The lowest figures were determined in Austria at 4.7%, Germany at 5.1% and Malta at 5.7%. The European Union rate decreased to 10.3% in May, compared to 10.4% in April.
- RedaktionsNetzwerk Deutschland: "Greece: How to get vaccinated without chaos"
- Exploratory talks with with Turkish vessel Cesme in the Aegean!
- Athens demands: "Turkey should stop inflammatory rhetoric arson"
- War and Power in Classical Greece: Lessons for Superpowers and the World
- PM Mitsotakis stresses need to speed up EU's vaccines approval process