Eurostat confirmed today that Greece's unemployment rate remains the largest, regarding all European Union member states.
It stood at 26.8% in March and held 26.9% in February. March's figure contained a total of 1,275,000 Greek citizens out of work. Spain holds the second highest unemployment figure at 25.1% in May.
The lowest figures were determined in Austria at 4.7%, Germany at 5.1% and Malta at 5.7%. The European Union rate decreased to 10.3% in May, compared to 10.4% in April.
- Tourism premiere: What will happen this year with American tourists and the role of TUI
- ‘All you want is Greece’ this year’s tourism slogan for closely watched 2021 season
- Greek, Spanish PMs meet in Athens
- More than eight-fold coverage for the new Greek 5-year bond
- Factors of flight and repatriation: The example of Greek Brain Drainers living in the United Kingdom