Eurostat confirmed today that Greece's unemployment rate remains the largest, regarding all European Union member states.
It stood at 26.8% in March and held 26.9% in February. March's figure contained a total of 1,275,000 Greek citizens out of work. Spain holds the second highest unemployment figure at 25.1% in May.
The lowest figures were determined in Austria at 4.7%, Germany at 5.1% and Malta at 5.7%. The European Union rate decreased to 10.3% in May, compared to 10.4% in April.
- Two Greeks, one a baby, among car attack fatalities in Trier, Germany
- Ankara did not like the EU sanctions resolution
- Greece ranks 5th in top tourism brands
- Number of American students studying in Greece shows steady rise, according to institute data
- Tourism Min Theoharis presents Greece's initiatives at WTM