Sunday at midnight, the PPC workers strike ceased after its employee union GENOP decided to halt it after a five-hour meeting.
Instead of conducting nationwide rolling blackouts, other forms of protests have been scheduled. These include a General Confederation of Workers (GSEE) and ADEDY civil servant union rally organized for Tuesday, according to reports. Six hydroelectric plants have been activated again, along with thermal units.
- Panhellenic Labor union GSEE conference; Protests vs strong police forces
- Strikes in transport in Athens over social security Bill
- Greek football refs on strike against violence
- PPC: Phasing out of lignite units to reduce annual cost by 400 mln euros
- Energy bill passed, national energy and climate policy plan approved, PPC strikes called off