Sunday at midnight, the PPC workers strike ceased after its employee union GENOP decided to halt it after a five-hour meeting.
Instead of conducting nationwide rolling blackouts, other forms of protests have been scheduled. These include a General Confederation of Workers (GSEE) and ADEDY civil servant union rally organized for Tuesday, according to reports. Six hydroelectric plants have been activated again, along with thermal units.
- Greek PPC: What the deal with Enel for Romanian assets mean for the company and Greece
- Greece's PPC: The deal with Enel was announced
- Electricity and gas from Greece will power the Balkans
- Greece's PPC: The benefits of the acquisition of Enel's assets in Romania
- CAA Union threatens strike during busiest tourist season