Today, European Union financial aid managers authorized Alpha Bank's reduction regarding global operations, and will support its activity, according to international reports.
The EU officials believe that the downsize will assist the Bank's activities. Previously the European Commission examined the Bank, after Hellenic experts and HFSF stability fund assisted it beginning in 2008. The analysis was instigated over concerns if the monetary assistant granted Alpha Bank an unwarranted advantage over other banks.
European Competition Commissioner Joaquin Almunia stated: "Alpha Bank's restructuring will make a significant contribution to reinforcing the viability of the Greek banking sector, to the benefit of the Greek economy", as reported by ekathimerini.
- More than eight-fold coverage for the new Greek 5-year bond
- Factors of flight and repatriation: The example of Greek Brain Drainers living in the United Kingdom
- WTCC: Greece is a global example of safe opening of tourism
- The game's afoot for airlines ahead of Greece's tourism opening
- The 62nd round of exploratory contacts between Greece and Turkey will take place on March 16 in Athens