Today, Administrative Reform Minister Kyriakos Mitsotakis spoke of the public sector and promised, "as of 2015 there will be no layoffs", as reported by ANA-MPA.
The Minister added, "We want a public sector that works with less money, but more effectively", on Ant1 TV. During Mitsotakis' comments, he sited taxes, claiming that certain taxation alterations should occur. This included a rise in heating oil taxes.
Mitsotakis also discussed entities that have not yet declared their financial figures and employees, even after the Ministry requested accurate records. The Minister confirmed that there would not be a third tax deadline extension, while late documents will be penalized.
- 1,600 new hirings for permanent posts in public sector
- Greek financial audit authorities target 20,000 properties leased via the Airbnb
- Mitsotakis at EPP meeting: We can achieve a growth over 3%
- Mitsotakis: Vote of confidence the 'last act of a political farce'
- Mitsotakis offers party volunteers to fight fires