Today, Public Power Corporation (PPC) confirmed that as of July 25th, small and medium sized company electricity rates will experience up to a 3.4% decline in price, while homes with up to 800kW in consumption will gain an 11% increase, as reported by ANA-MPA.
In a PPC announcement, the company stated that household prices with usages more than 800 kW, social households and night discounts, will not be altered. The goal of the new policy is trying to eliminate cross-subsidies ones.
Low consumption rate increases effect approximately 2,160,000 residences, while reductions effect about 1.4 million small and medium sized businesses. PPC claimed that the new rates won't have an influence on its outcomes, and stressed that Greece has one of the smallest energy costs within EU member states.
- Satisfaction in the Greek government for the package of 72 billion euros
- EU: Sanctions that will "hurt" Turkey - What Athens suggested, Dendias' warnings
- Dendias and Borrell visit the border post at Kastanies
- PM Mitsotakis: Greece secured 32 bln euros as a result of the government's consistent work
- EU explicitly condemns escalating aggression by Turkey in the East Mediterranean