September's scheduled meeting between Greece and troika will occur in Paris, as requested by the Hellenic state.
The chosen city is considered neutral territory, as none of the participating entities are primarily based there. Greece's Finance Minister Gikas Hardouvelis will travel to France for troika discussions on September 3rd to the 5th, according to Kathimerini.
The Prime Minister's Advisor Stavros Papastavrou, Development Minister Nikos Dendias, Administrative Reform Minister Kyriakos Mitsotakis and Labor Minister Yiannis Vroutsis will also participate in meetings concerning the nation's mandate progressions.
The Parisian meeting will serve as an introductory one for the upcoming fifth analysis on Greece's adjustment program, that will start in October. Prime Minister Samaras called for the meeting's relocation, due to the tense atmosphere of Athens that occurs everytime troika members are present.
- Joint exercise with Greece, Egypt, France, the UAE, and Cyprus (vid)
- Ankara did not like the EU sanctions resolution
- Greece ranks 5th in top tourism brands
- Number of American students studying in Greece shows steady rise, according to institute data
- Hermes head, part of Herma column revealed during roadworks in downtown Athens