Last month, consumer prices in Greece decreased by 0.7%, with the yearly deflation momentum lowering from a 1.1% drop in June, as confirmed by the nation's statistics agency and reported by Kathimerini.
Greece's EU-coordinated deflation ratio was confirmed at -.08% in July, compared to -1.5% in June. In a Reuters poll, economists had previously forecasted the rate would hold -1.3%.
Last November the nation's deflation rate marked its most rapid pace since monthly documentation started in 1960, and generated a 2.9% year-on-year decrease.
- PM Mitsotakis meeting with EU officials in Strasbourg on Tuesday over emergency aid
- Greece submits request to Commission to modify recovery, resilience plan by adding REPowerEU chapter
- Mitsotakis-Modi decide to double bilateral trade and deepen strategic relationship between Greece and India
- Climate Change: Greece's performance - Doing well, could do better
- Mitsotakis welcomes Swedish NATO accession; meeting with Albania’s Rama, refers to pending contacts with Erdogan