The Greek Film Society of Sydney's July to December program, includes the films Despina and Sayome, which are set to be screened next Thursday, October 16th.
The movies are directed by Sotiris Goritsas and Nikos Dayandas respectively, and focus on the lives of two women. Despina's plot centers around a young women living in a rural town in Greece. After meeting a young army officer, she vies for the opportunity to relocate to the city.
Sayome chronicles a Japanese women who leaves her own tiny village, after falling in love with a Cretan mariner. After transitioning to Greek life, she travels back to Japan and deals with her troubling past.
The two featured films will begin viewing at 7:00 p.m. at the Cyprus Community Club in Sydney. Additional information can be accessed at: http://greekfilmsocietysydney.com, or by telephone: 0402 564 722 and 0450 155 194.
- Tourism: Which islands are under scrutiny for covid measures after Mykonos
- Transportation: What changes from July 5
- Vaccination Certificate: Green Pass Premiere for Travel to 33 Countries in Europe
- Knives Out 2: The shooting started in Spetses
- Casa Cook and Cook’s Club hotels opened on three Greek islands