The Greek Film Society of Sydney's July to December program, includes the films Despina and Sayome, which are set to be screened next Thursday, October 16th.
The movies are directed by Sotiris Goritsas and Nikos Dayandas respectively, and focus on the lives of two women. Despina's plot centers around a young women living in a rural town in Greece. After meeting a young army officer, she vies for the opportunity to relocate to the city.
Sayome chronicles a Japanese women who leaves her own tiny village, after falling in love with a Cretan mariner. After transitioning to Greek life, she travels back to Japan and deals with her troubling past.
The two featured films will begin viewing at 7:00 p.m. at the Cyprus Community Club in Sydney. Additional information can be accessed at: http://greekfilmsocietysydney.com, or by telephone: 0402 564 722 and 0450 155 194.
- Greek companies take EU lead in innovation
- Greek, Italian, French, and Cyprus defense ministers meet in Brussels
- Nouriel Roubini: World War III has begun -Erdogan may invade Greece next year
- EDA chief Jiří Šedivý: Joint procurement of military hardware for EU states
- PLAY to fly from Athens to Iceland and USA from June 2023