The Greek rock band My Excuse is performing in the United States this week, marking the debut of their year-long tour in America.
The four man band will debut in Austin, Texas during the SXSW Festival. Steven Triantafillis serves as the singer, guitarist and songwriter of My Excuse, which hails from Salonica.
As Triantafillis states, the band's name was a natural reaction to people questioning, "Why don't you get a real job?". The Greek-American singer who has a Greek father and American mother describes, "The band is our excuse to do what we do and be who we are."
In Austin, My Excuse will offer concerts on Friday, March 20th, 2:30 p.m. at McDonald's located at 313 Red River Street, on Friday, March 20th at 11:00 p.m. at Spinners located at 14106 N I H 35, Austin, and on Saturday, March 21st at 5:00 p.m. located at Acoustic Showcase, Dominican Joe's Coffeehouse, 515 S Congress Ave.
My Excuse is planning more concerts in Dallas, New Orleans, Pensacola, Jacksonville, Dayton, Tampa, Athens, Georgia, Chapel Hill, Philadelphia, New Hampshire and New York City. A video for their song "Smoke A Cigarette" can be viewed by scrolling down to the very bottom of this article.
- US Ambassador - Greece key US energy partner - What he said about Nord Stream
- The resilience of Greek food and beverage exports to the USA in 2020
- Greece welcomes US sanctions against two Turkish ministries, three top officials
- Greek Defense Minister tells AHI audience U.S. has “reliable partner” in Greece
- Pompeo expresses US support for Greek positions in a letter to FM Dendias