The Greek rock band My Excuse is performing in the United States this week, marking the debut of their year-long tour in America.
The four man band will debut in Austin, Texas during the SXSW Festival. Steven Triantafillis serves as the singer, guitarist and songwriter of My Excuse, which hails from Salonica.
As Triantafillis states, the band's name was a natural reaction to people questioning, "Why don't you get a real job?". The Greek-American singer who has a Greek father and American mother describes, "The band is our excuse to do what we do and be who we are."
In Austin, My Excuse will offer concerts on Friday, March 20th, 2:30 p.m. at McDonald's located at 313 Red River Street, on Friday, March 20th at 11:00 p.m. at Spinners located at 14106 N I H 35, Austin, and on Saturday, March 21st at 5:00 p.m. located at Acoustic Showcase, Dominican Joe's Coffeehouse, 515 S Congress Ave.
My Excuse is planning more concerts in Dallas, New Orleans, Pensacola, Jacksonville, Dayton, Tampa, Athens, Georgia, Chapel Hill, Philadelphia, New Hampshire and New York City. A video for their song "Smoke A Cigarette" can be viewed by scrolling down to the very bottom of this article.
- I would choose Greece as a world leader over US in this crisis: Renowned historian says on The Late Night Show (vid)
- What do the US presidential candidates think about Turkey?
- Reconciliation with Turkey should only come with a price
- Greek products excluded from revised US tariffs list against EU
- US looks to Greece and abandons Turkey, Handelsblatt writes