"Company" Stars Nia Vardalos
Award winning Greek-Canadian actress Nia Vardalos is set to sing and dance in Company.
The Theatre 20 production who announced Vardalos' role yesterday, will take place in Toronto this summer. The performer will play the character of Jenny, a conservative married women who starts smoking marijuana, with comical consequences. The Berkely Street Theatre performances will begin on June 21st, 2014. The cast line up includes Toronto theatre elites such as Nora McLellan, David Keely, Brent Carver and Marisa McIntryre.
Vardalos shot to fame with her starring role in 2002's hit My Big Fat Greek Wedding. She won five awards and was nominated for thirteen more for the Greek-American parody. This was followed by her 2009 leading part in My Life in Ruins; the first American production ever granted permission to film at the Acropolis by the Greek government.
- THI, Nia Vardalos, and John Stamos launch online campaign to help rebuild burnt Orphanage in Mati
- Rita Wilson and Nia Vardalos celebrate Orthodox Easter in LA
- Nia Vardalos Shares MBFGW2 Photo
- Rita Wilson Attends Tony Awards & Discusses Breast Cancer Recovery
- Loukoumi Author Nick Katsoris: "Never Give Up!"