Gifted Greek-Australian performer Steve Mouzakis was awarded with the "Best Male Actor" in theatre, at Melbourne's Green Room Awards!
The actor won for his role as Lohakhin in The Cherry Orchard and received his distinction on April 28th. The play was admininstered by Melbourne Theatre Company and directed by Anton Chekhov.
Melbourne's Green Room Awards are the city's premier performing arts award honors, which recognizes world-class dance, cabaret, musical theatre, opera, theater and hybrid and alternative performance categories each year.
The event, which was established in 1982, is orchestrated differently than most award tributes. Industry professionals make up voting panels and nominate recipients, that include experts in all respective performing arts sectors.
Steve Mouzakis is a highly acclaimed Australian actor, who has played various impressive Greek roles on both TV and film. The Greek-Australian entertainer is best known for his roles as Theo Kallergis in Blue Heelers, as Chris Baros in Killing Time, and as Andrew Petrious in The Slap. Mouzakis has been in major films that include: Where the Wild Things Are, Frankenstein, Big Mamma's Boy and I and Darkness Falls.
- Lefteris Petrounias wins gold in Melbourne, ahead of Tokyo Olympics
- Greek Australian sportscaster to run as mayor of Perth
- Head of Melbourne Greek community: Australia's 'most difficult moments'
- 1st Greek Panorama Roadshow to be held in Sydney and Melbourne
- "Northern Macedonians" burn Greek flags in Melbourne