Greek singing sensation Mixalis Xatzigiannis has planned a concert during the Melbourne Festival, on October 18th.
Xatzigiannis will be accompanied by the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra. This marks his second performance in the city. The popular Greek singer will take the state at Sidney Myer Music Bowl, beginning at 8:00 p.m.
The hit entertainer hails from Nicosia and has received over 30 awards in Greece. He represented his native Cyprus at the Eurovision Song Contest in 1998, while Forbes ranked him as the 22nd most powerful and influential celebrity in Greece and fifth most popular singer in 2010.
- Exploratory talks with with Turkish vessel Cesme in the Aegean!
- With the Belharra frigates Greece voids Turkey's "Blue Homeland" doctrine
- War and Power in Classical Greece: Lessons for Superpowers and the World
- PM Mitsotakis visits Cyprus and Israel on Monday
- Turkish foreign minister heralds meeting with Greek counterpart