Cyprus Plans Artificial Reef
In Cyprus, the Larnaca Tourism Development & Promotion Company plans to build an artificial reef in its coastal region.
As reported by CNA, the enterprise's actions will be presented shortly to the Agriculture, Natural Resources and the Environment Ministry, and will seek funds from the European Maritime and Fisheries Fund (EMFF).
Three different locations in Larnaca are vying for the reef that include Kastella, Pyla-Oroklini and in front of the city's International Airport. The site's final destination will be determined by its water purity, price, and convenience. The artificial reef's components objectives are to enhance diving tourism and support the seabed.
- The designs of the new Deputy Shipping Minister for Cypriot shipping
- Ankara accepted Cyprus' offer to send a rescue team
- Turkey targets Greek islands and Cyprus gas field
- Commission: SURE program installment payment completed - How much Greece got
- Greek, Italian, French, and Cyprus defense ministers meet in Brussels