In Cyprus, the Larnaca Tourism Development & Promotion Company plans to build an artificial reef in its coastal region.
As reported by CNA, the enterprise's actions will be presented shortly to the Agriculture, Natural Resources and the Environment Ministry, and will seek funds from the European Maritime and Fisheries Fund (EMFF).
Three different locations in Larnaca are vying for the reef that include Kastella, Pyla-Oroklini and in front of the city's International Airport. The site's final destination will be determined by its water purity, price, and convenience. The artificial reef's components objectives are to enhance diving tourism and support the seabed.
- Turkish foreign minister heralds meeting with Greek counterpart
- Joint exercise with Greece, Egypt, France, the UAE, and Cyprus (vid)
- Ankara did not like the EU sanctions resolution
- AHI Publishes Fact Sheet on Missing Persons in Cyprus
- Turkey issues NAVTEX for live fire drills with Russia off Cyprus and on edge of Greek EEZ