In Cyprus, the Larnaca Tourism Development & Promotion Company plans to build an artificial reef in its coastal region.
As reported by CNA, the enterprise's actions will be presented shortly to the Agriculture, Natural Resources and the Environment Ministry, and will seek funds from the European Maritime and Fisheries Fund (EMFF).
Three different locations in Larnaca are vying for the reef that include Kastella, Pyla-Oroklini and in front of the city's International Airport. The site's final destination will be determined by its water purity, price, and convenience. The artificial reef's components objectives are to enhance diving tourism and support the seabed.
- AHI Publishes Fact Sheet on Missing Persons in Cyprus
- Turkey issues NAVTEX for live fire drills with Russia off Cyprus and on edge of Greek EEZ
- Cyprus: What are the "non-lethal weapons" included in the lifting of the US embargo?
- Joint exercise "EUNOMIA" with Cyprus, Greece, France and Italy in progress (vid,pics)
- Athens-Nicosia in step for the EU summit for Belarus and Turkish aggression