In Cyprus, the Larnaca Tourism Development & Promotion Company plans to build an artificial reef in its coastal region.
As reported by CNA, the enterprise's actions will be presented shortly to the Agriculture, Natural Resources and the Environment Ministry, and will seek funds from the European Maritime and Fisheries Fund (EMFF).
Three different locations in Larnaca are vying for the reef that include Kastella, Pyla-Oroklini and in front of the city's International Airport. The site's final destination will be determined by its water purity, price, and convenience. The artificial reef's components objectives are to enhance diving tourism and support the seabed.
- Exploratory talks with with Turkish vessel Cesme in the Aegean!
- With the Belharra frigates Greece voids Turkey's "Blue Homeland" doctrine
- PM Mitsotakis visits Cyprus and Israel on Monday
- Turkish foreign minister heralds meeting with Greek counterpart
- Joint exercise with Greece, Egypt, France, the UAE, and Cyprus (vid)