In Cyprus, the Larnaca Tourism Development & Promotion Company plans to build an artificial reef in its coastal region.
As reported by CNA, the enterprise's actions will be presented shortly to the Agriculture, Natural Resources and the Environment Ministry, and will seek funds from the European Maritime and Fisheries Fund (EMFF).
Three different locations in Larnaca are vying for the reef that include Kastella, Pyla-Oroklini and in front of the city's International Airport. The site's final destination will be determined by its water purity, price, and convenience. The artificial reef's components objectives are to enhance diving tourism and support the seabed.
- ECB meets on Cyprus to mull interest rates and inflation
- US State Dept: Cyprus has the right to develop resources within its EEZ
- Hercules-2 joint training kicks off in Egypt with Saudi Arabia, UAE, Greece, Cyprus
- Cyprus' hopes for "Aphrodite" gas field
- Our Lady of Lapithos, Ephrosyne Proestos saves 12 Cypriot soldiers