In Cyprus, the Larnaca Tourism Development & Promotion Company plans to build an artificial reef in its coastal region.
As reported by CNA, the enterprise's actions will be presented shortly to the Agriculture, Natural Resources and the Environment Ministry, and will seek funds from the European Maritime and Fisheries Fund (EMFF).
Three different locations in Larnaca are vying for the reef that include Kastella, Pyla-Oroklini and in front of the city's International Airport. The site's final destination will be determined by its water purity, price, and convenience. The artificial reef's components objectives are to enhance diving tourism and support the seabed.
- US State Sec. joins FMs of Greece, Israeli, Cyprus in reaffirming commitment to promoting peace, security and prosperity in east Med
- Parachute mishap leaves paratrooper dangling outside plane for four minutes
- The plan of Israel, Cyprus and Greece for LNG exports to Europe
- Greek Energy Min. on Tripartite Energy Meeting: We are accelerating and deepening strategic cooperation with Cyprus and Israel
- Israel-Greece-Cyprus tripartite energy meeting being prepared