Cyprus is currently experiencing a large amount of dust in its atmosphere, that hit the island yesterday.
The Department of Labour Inspection of the Ministry of Labour, Welfare and Social Insurance has recommended that residents remain indoors as much as possible, while outside employees should adequately protect themselves. The Cypriot dust storm has caused gridlock at the nation's major airports; twenty-four flights in and out of Larnaca Airport have been affected.
Hermes Airport's Spokesman Adamos Aspris confirmed that early visibility this morning was particularly low, according to Parikiaki. Various flights were then rerouted to Paphos Airport. The environment has begun to clear this afternoon and airport schedules are returning to normal.
- AHI Publishes Fact Sheet on Missing Persons in Cyprus
- Turkey issues NAVTEX for live fire drills with Russia off Cyprus and on edge of Greek EEZ
- Cyprus: What are the "non-lethal weapons" included in the lifting of the US embargo?
- Joint exercise "EUNOMIA" with Cyprus, Greece, France and Italy in progress (vid,pics)
- Athens-Nicosia in step for the EU summit for Belarus and Turkish aggression