The Cyprus Institute conducted an analysis, that revealed the island's future weather will be concretely hotter and drier, regarding negative climate change elements.
Today marks World Environment Day; the Institute issued a press release that this summer will bring lengthened nights and extremely hot days, while lasting up to an extended two months.
The environmental agency predicted that adequate rainfall will not occur and will bring problems to irrigation and drinking supplies. Grain cultivation is also threatened, while extra air conditioning usage will increase electricity levels.
The Cyprus Institute has been administering research initiatives to study and observe global climate changes and their effects, and offers recommendations to combat negative elements. World Environment Day is honored in over one-hundred nations and is an international reminder to help preserve our planet.
- AHI Publishes Fact Sheet on Missing Persons in Cyprus
- Turkey issues NAVTEX for live fire drills with Russia off Cyprus and on edge of Greek EEZ
- Cyprus: What are the "non-lethal weapons" included in the lifting of the US embargo?
- Joint exercise "EUNOMIA" with Cyprus, Greece, France and Italy in progress (vid,pics)
- Athens-Nicosia in step for the EU summit for Belarus and Turkish aggression