A Cretan quake hit this morning at 11:20 a.m. GST, however no injuries or damages have been reported.
It was undersea in nature and was calculated at 4.8 on the Richter scale. The earthquake's epicenter was determined approximately 30 kilometers south of Tympaki.
This marks the second time in recent months that an earthquake of this type has shaken the region; a similar quake rattled the same location on June 1st, according to Kathimerini.
- Crete: Digital journey to the Nazi prisons of Agia
- Casa Cook and Cook’s Club hotels opened on three Greek islands
- Sky Express connects Crete with major European cities
- Εarthquake measuring 5.7 on the Richter scale shakes the island of Nisyros
- Visitors can once again enjoy the unique beauty of Samaria Gorge