Police are looking into the case of a container at the Ikonio area of the commercial part of Piraeus port that has been left unclaimed for months.
The container is officially designated as containing "air exhibit for refurbishment" and has been shipped from Belgium. So far it has passed not been put through an inspection.
However, after finding firearms in the house of shipowner Anastasios Pallis, the police anti-terrorist squad is expected to open the container, as suspicions are increasing.
A witness has already stated that he has seen assault rifles in Mr. Pallis' home, and linked the shipowner with Golden Dawn.
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- George H.W. Bush Carrier Strike Group arrives in Piraeus
- Taste Atlas: Greek cuisine second in the world: Kalamata oil, Aegina pistachios, dakos and saganaki are loved by foreigners
- Diplomatic sources: We reject in their entirety the baseless and unfounded Turkish arguments,
- Laments at the "last farewell" to lieutenant Turoutsikas: "Immortal", people shouted
- Economist: Greece rises 9 places in the "democracy index"