Police are looking into the case of a container at the Ikonio area of the commercial part of Piraeus port that has been left unclaimed for months.
The container is officially designated as containing "air exhibit for refurbishment" and has been shipped from Belgium. So far it has passed not been put through an inspection.
However, after finding firearms in the house of shipowner Anastasios Pallis, the police anti-terrorist squad is expected to open the container, as suspicions are increasing.
A witness has already stated that he has seen assault rifles in Mr. Pallis' home, and linked the shipowner with Golden Dawn.
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- FM Dendias at EU Foreign Affairs Council: 'Turkey must show many more tangible signs of respect for International Law'
- Attica is one step before a new lockdown
- Greece achieves record coverage rate of power demand through renewable energy sources (RES)
- PM Mitsotakis to visit Karditsa farm region after Ianos hurricane damage
- Hardalias: 'Superhuman efforts' by crews to restore power to Ionian Islands after hurricane