Police are looking into the case of a container at the Ikonio area of the commercial part of Piraeus port that has been left unclaimed for months.
The container is officially designated as containing "air exhibit for refurbishment" and has been shipped from Belgium. So far it has passed not been put through an inspection.
However, after finding firearms in the house of shipowner Anastasios Pallis, the police anti-terrorist squad is expected to open the container, as suspicions are increasing.
A witness has already stated that he has seen assault rifles in Mr. Pallis' home, and linked the shipowner with Golden Dawn.
- Golden Dawn members in jail - Lagos awats lifting EMP immunity, Pappas fled
- SYRIZA's Polakis attacks singer Sakis Rouvas for Golden Dawn sympathies
- SYRIZA expels Kontonis for criticism over penal code
- Political storm over SYRIZA regulations that "soften" Golden Dawn sentences
- Court finds Golden Dawn guilty of being a criminal organization
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- Group of 106 refugees leave Lesvos island for relocation in Germany
- The yield on the 10-year bond fell below 1%
- Earthquake of more than 6R strikes Elassona
- '1821, Before and After': An exhibition on the birth of modern Greece
- SYRIZA MP claims that "17 November" never terrorized anyone despite dozens of murders