Police are looking into the case of a container at the Ikonio area of the commercial part of Piraeus port that has been left unclaimed for months.
The container is officially designated as containing "air exhibit for refurbishment" and has been shipped from Belgium. So far it has passed not been put through an inspection.
However, after finding firearms in the house of shipowner Anastasios Pallis, the police anti-terrorist squad is expected to open the container, as suspicions are increasing.
A witness has already stated that he has seen assault rifles in Mr. Pallis' home, and linked the shipowner with Golden Dawn.
- PM Mitsotakis presents award to Otto Rehhagel at Gazetta Awards
- Greek owned ship targeted off Yemen
- FM Gerapetritis in NY on Tuesday, to meet with UN sec gen Guterres
- Two dead and one missing in a shipwreck in the area of Palios, Mantamados
- PM Mitsotakis: Yes to same-sex civil marriage, no to surrogate mothers
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- SYRIZA congress: Winners and losers - Kasselakis, the committee Pappas and Tsipras
- Agia Varvara: Man kills son-in-law in front of his granddaughter
- Germans vote for Greece - The giant company that will film its new advertisement in Greece
- PM Mitsotakis: Greece offers many investment opportunities for Indian businesses
- Cultural Heritage School 2: Greece-USA for the protection of cultural heritage from climate change