A private car collided with a bear, at dawn Monday. The brown bear is considered at risk and is protected by law, and its survival is aided by Arcturus NGO.
The car was moving along a country road along the vertical axis Siatista Krystallopigi in Kastoria.
The driver was injured slightly and was taken to hospital and is reportedly in good health.
The police notified NGO Arcturus to help the bear which was still alive.
Unfortunately vets were unable to help. As stated in Seleo.gr the contact person of Arcturus Panos Stephanou noted the impressive fact that although we are in the heart of winter the bear had not yet fallen into hibernation.
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- Fire front in Evia out of control
- Ancient Olympia - wildfire - Fears for the archeological site
- Hellenic Banking Association – Banks on the side of the fire victims
- Ηigh, medium-voltage power lines knocked out from raging wildfire
- Fires in Attica – Continuous fires and overnight battle on three fronts