Athenian pharmacies are planning a strike this Wednesday and will be closed.
The business sector is rallying against the Hellenic government's plans to offer non-prescription drugs for sale in other various stores. The newly introduced protocol was introduced in the administration's proposals last week.
Greece's prior government also planned to enact the measures, but didn't due to heavy opposition from pharmacists. On-duty pharmacies in the nation's capital will be open during the strike.
- How foreign tourists evaluate Greece's reputation
- Athens: Syntagma Square renovation almost done
- Invasion of international hotel chains in Athens
- S. Arabian Crown Prince Salman in Athens: We can provide Greece, SE Europe with cheaper, more effective energy
- CAA Union threatens strike during busiest tourist season