Athenian pharmacies are planning a strike this Wednesday and will be closed.
The business sector is rallying against the Hellenic government's plans to offer non-prescription drugs for sale in other various stores. The newly introduced protocol was introduced in the administration's proposals last week.
Greece's prior government also planned to enact the measures, but didn't due to heavy opposition from pharmacists. On-duty pharmacies in the nation's capital will be open during the strike.
- Greece and Turkey complete second round of talks
- Athens gets third "Pocket Park" in an abandoned plot of Pangrati
- Comicdom, an annual paradise for comics aficionados, opens in April 10-12
- Beautiful St. Nicholas Thon chapel reopens to public
- Hermes head, part of Herma column revealed during roadworks in downtown Athens