The Acropolis Museum will celebrate its sixth anniversary on June 20 with the inauguration of the temporary exhibition "Samothrace. The mysteries of the great gods".
The exhibition, a cooperation of the Acropolis Museum and the Antiquity Ephorates of the prefectures of Rodopi and Evros and the expert of Samothrace antiquities Dimitris Matsas, will open for the public on June 20 and will run until September 30. 262 artifacts from Samothrace Archaeological Museum will travel to Athens, some of them will leave the island for the first time.
Finds from the archaeological excavations at the Necropolis and the sanctuary of the great gods, the ancient settlement and the Minoan-era installation at Mikro Vouni.
- PM Mitsotakis inaugurates Acropolis elevator for people with disabilities (vid)
- Modern elevator on the Acropolis allows access for the disabled
- Archaeologists' decision sets maximum height for buildings in the Acropolis area
- Global media cover re-opening of the Acropolis (vid)
- Acropolis flag to fly at half-mast for Glezos
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- Group of 106 refugees leave Lesvos island for relocation in Germany
- The yield on the 10-year bond fell below 1%
- Earthquake of more than 6R strikes Elassona
- '1821, Before and After': An exhibition on the birth of modern Greece
- SYRIZA MP claims that "17 November" never terrorized anyone despite dozens of murders