The Acropolis Museum will celebrate its sixth anniversary on June 20 with the inauguration of the temporary exhibition "Samothrace. The mysteries of the great gods".
The exhibition, a cooperation of the Acropolis Museum and the Antiquity Ephorates of the prefectures of Rodopi and Evros and the expert of Samothrace antiquities Dimitris Matsas, will open for the public on June 20 and will run until September 30. 262 artifacts from Samothrace Archaeological Museum will travel to Athens, some of them will leave the island for the first time.
Finds from the archaeological excavations at the Necropolis and the sanctuary of the great gods, the ancient settlement and the Minoan-era installation at Mikro Vouni.
- Acropolis Museum vs Sunak: "Culture is not only antiquities, but also behavior"
- Maria Callas Museum, first in the world, opens in Athens
- Timed ticketing system introduced at the Acropolis to improve crowding
- Acropolis: Unprecedented queues of tourists cause measures to be taken
- UNESCO praises Acropolis status as ‘excellent, very well protected’, dismissing concerns over interventions
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- Germans vote for Greece - The giant company that will film its new advertisement in Greece
- PM Mitsotakis: Greece offers many investment opportunities for Indian businesses
- Cultural Heritage School 2: Greece-USA for the protection of cultural heritage from climate change
- Greece participates in 'Spears of Victory 24' defense exersise in Saudi Arabia
- Beekeepers protest outside parliament