The Acropolis Museum will celebrate its sixth anniversary on June 20 with the inauguration of the temporary exhibition "Samothrace. The mysteries of the great gods".
The exhibition, a cooperation of the Acropolis Museum and the Antiquity Ephorates of the prefectures of Rodopi and Evros and the expert of Samothrace antiquities Dimitris Matsas, will open for the public on June 20 and will run until September 30. 262 artifacts from Samothrace Archaeological Museum will travel to Athens, some of them will leave the island for the first time.
Finds from the archaeological excavations at the Necropolis and the sanctuary of the great gods, the ancient settlement and the Minoan-era installation at Mikro Vouni.
- Old Acropolis Museum being refurbished as exhibition space
- PM Mitsotakis inaugurates Acropolis elevator for people with disabilities (vid)
- Modern elevator on the Acropolis allows access for the disabled
- Archaeologists' decision sets maximum height for buildings in the Acropolis area
- Global media cover re-opening of the Acropolis (vid)