Greek Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras had the chance to have a short meeting with President Barack Obama at the official dinner which took place at the White House in honor of the leaders of the countries participating in the UN General Assembly.
According to information, the meeting lasted just a few minutes in a very pleasant atmosphere while US president introduced Alexis Tsipras to his wife Michelle Obama by saying "this is the person who won the latest Greek elections".
During their short meeting, they talked about economic issues and the Cyprus issue.
They first met at the official dinner for the leaders who are in New York and participate in the UN General Assembly.
US President approached Greek Prime Minister and congratulated him on his victory in the elections in a very pleasant atmosphere and told him that their next meeting is at the White House for dinner.
Also, according to the same information, Alexis Tsipras discussed with President of FYROM Nikola Gruevski asking him to make a step back so as to resolve the name issue.
- Tsipras: EU Recovery Fund a positive development for southern European countries
- Alexis Tsipras presents SYRIZA proposal for the economy
- The Greek people's prosperity a common goal, President Sakellaropoulou says in meeting with Tsipras
- SYRIZA leader Tsipras voices concern over reopening of schools for all grades
- Tsipras attacks gov't over economic aid policy, foreclosure issue
Latest from Guest
- Ανατολική Αττική: Η επόμενη μέρα της τραγωδίας - Tης Άννας Σαρηγιάννη
- The "Olive You" Campaign at the Fancy Food Show in New York
- Ελεύθερος με εγγύηση και υπό περιοριστικούς όρους ο Κ. Μπαρμπαρούσης
- Ο Semyon Bychkov στη Νέα Υόρκη
- Παμμακεδονική Αμερικής: "Σεβαστείτε την Ιστορία και τον πολιτισμό της Μακεδονίας"