A labour ministry amendment included in a draft bill will extend the operation of the open hosting centres for asylum seekers and other vulnerable groups of people.
The program, which was deemed necessary by the increase of refugee flows, covers part of their needs for food, healthcare and provision of social services and is expected to cost 380,000 euros. The same amendment approved an extra 670,000 euros for the temporary accommodation centre for asylum seekers in Lavrio, whose operation has been assigned to the Hellenic Red Cross.
- Mitsotakis-Tsipras disagreement regarding the vote right for Greeks abroad
- Tsitsipas beats Djokovic 2-1 in Shanghai Masters in China
- Incredible photos of longest cruise ship ever passing through Isthmus of Corinth (photos)
- PM Mitsotakis in Berlin: Greece, Germany to present green development plan in December
- Turkish Interior Minister threatens Europe – If we open borders 30,000 refugees a day would flood Europe
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- PM Mitsotakis: Keeping current health measures faithfully will help prevent another lockdown
- Police arrest three with explosives and weapons - Terrorist connections being examined
- Mathraki, on the road to the Adriatic ... (vid)
- Modern elevator on the Acropolis allows access for the disabled
- Greek-Australian doctor: Antidiabetic drug metformin may reduce the risk of dementia