A labour ministry amendment included in a draft bill will extend the operation of the open hosting centres for asylum seekers and other vulnerable groups of people.
The program, which was deemed necessary by the increase of refugee flows, covers part of their needs for food, healthcare and provision of social services and is expected to cost 380,000 euros. The same amendment approved an extra 670,000 euros for the temporary accommodation centre for asylum seekers in Lavrio, whose operation has been assigned to the Hellenic Red Cross.
- Think Silicon is designing the next Artificial Intelligence chip in Greece
- Delphi Economic Forum kicks off in Athens on Monday
- Greece assumes one-year Presidency of the International Holocaust Remembrance Alliance (IHRA)
- Mitsotakis-Tsipras disagreement regarding the vote right for Greeks abroad
- Tsitsipas beats Djokovic 2-1 in Shanghai Masters in China
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- Health services on high alert against unfolding forest fire at Zeria, Achaia, northwestern Peloponnese
- Mykonos – Well-known beach bar two-day shutdown for tax violations
- Olympic Yacht Show 2021 sails off on October 1-5 at 'Olympic Marine' in Lavrion
- Migration Minister: We will not let our islands experience what they have experienced since 2015
- Ntouskos wins single sculls gold at Tokyo Olympics