A labour ministry amendment included in a draft bill will extend the operation of the open hosting centres for asylum seekers and other vulnerable groups of people.
The program, which was deemed necessary by the increase of refugee flows, covers part of their needs for food, healthcare and provision of social services and is expected to cost 380,000 euros. The same amendment approved an extra 670,000 euros for the temporary accommodation centre for asylum seekers in Lavrio, whose operation has been assigned to the Hellenic Red Cross.
- Greece assumes one-year Presidency of the International Holocaust Remembrance Alliance (IHRA)
- Mitsotakis-Tsipras disagreement regarding the vote right for Greeks abroad
- Tsitsipas beats Djokovic 2-1 in Shanghai Masters in China
- Incredible photos of longest cruise ship ever passing through Isthmus of Corinth (photos)
- PM Mitsotakis in Berlin: Greece, Germany to present green development plan in December
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- INIOCHOS 2021 exercise brought together fighters from six nations to Greek skies (vid)
- Corinth Pipeworks S.A.: New submarine pipeline project in the Eastern Mediterranean
- The "Rhodes experiment" and the bet on tourism
- What now after Dendias' clash with Cavusoglu
- Greek, Turkish ministers clash at heated news event