The hoteliers of Chalkidiki, northern Greece, announced that they would give Turkish tourists already in the area the possibility to extend their accommodation free of charge until the situation in their country stabilizes.
In the aftermath of the coup attempt in Turkey, the Hotel Association of Chalkidiki took the initiative to help the around 250 Turks who were already spending their holidays in the region.
The Turkish embassy in Thessaloniki thanked the association for this initiative. According to the latest data, no Turkish tourist has filed a request so far.
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- Fire front in Evia out of control
- Ancient Olympia - wildfire - Fears for the archeological site
- Hellenic Banking Association – Banks on the side of the fire victims
- Ηigh, medium-voltage power lines knocked out from raging wildfire
- Fires in Attica – Continuous fires and overnight battle on three fronts