The agreement among political parties on Thursday on the new board of the country’s independent media body ensures that no TV channel will close and no jobs will be lost, New Democracy source said in a statement after the end of a meeting in parliament.
“With New Democracy’s responsible stance we ended the lawlessness caused by Mr. Pappas. We ensured we will have a truly objective, unbiased and strong NCRTV which will play its role responsibility and serve the citizens’ right to objective information,” the party source said, noting that the government suffered a great political defeat and was forced to a “disorderly defeat”.
The same source said the main opposition was always in favour of independent watchdogs which it proved by agreeing to the formation of four out the five constitutionally protected independent regulators within a few months.
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- Fire front in Evia out of control
- Ancient Olympia - wildfire - Fears for the archeological site
- Hellenic Banking Association – Banks on the side of the fire victims
- Ηigh, medium-voltage power lines knocked out from raging wildfire
- Fires in Attica – Continuous fires and overnight battle on three fronts