On Wednesday, 3 January 2018, at 12:00, during a training flight, a T-2 aircraft with a crew from 120 Sq. / 363 Training Wing, crashed due to mechanical failure while flyng 2 nautical miles south of Kalamata airport.
At 12:04, an AB-205 rescue helicopter of the Air Force picked up the two pilota that had ejected and were well in their health and transferred them to the Unit.
A Competent Committee was set up to conduct an investigation into the causes of the accident.
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- Fire front in Evia out of control
- Ancient Olympia - wildfire - Fears for the archeological site
- Hellenic Banking Association – Banks on the side of the fire victims
- Ηigh, medium-voltage power lines knocked out from raging wildfire
- Fires in Attica – Continuous fires and overnight battle on three fronts