Shortly before the gathering of the civil servants union ADEDY at Klafthmonos Square, about 20 persons wearing motorcycle helmets attacked the demonstrators with eggs and stones.
Tje main trade unions of the country are on strike Wednesday against the government's austerity policies. The demonstration was marred by anarchists who were shouting "bums, unionists", while hurling eggs and stones. The attack lasted only a few minutes and immediately the anarchists disappeared. But they managed to break the podium from where unionists would address the crowd and threw flyers with the slogan "No Alliance with Employers".
They wrote slogans on the GSEE building
At the same time members of grassroots unions, the extra-parliamentary left and the antiauthoritarian space, wrote in red spray slogans on the exterior walls of the General Confederation of Labor GSEE building.
The slogans denounce the union's association with employers. And also threw leaflets (flyers) at the General Confederation which complain that it is the boss, and there are also slogans against trade unionists. Protesters remain outside the GSEE building.
- Vandals again destroy Syntagma square
- Two men arrested in Thessaloniki while attempting to place incendiary devices in former minister's home
- More car arson in the broader Athens area
- Anarchists block roads in downtown Athens & clash with police forces (vid)
- Panhellenic Labor union GSEE conference; Protests vs strong police forces
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- PM Mitsotakis: Keeping current health measures faithfully will help prevent another lockdown
- Police arrest three with explosives and weapons - Terrorist connections being examined
- Mathraki, on the road to the Adriatic ... (vid)
- Modern elevator on the Acropolis allows access for the disabled
- Greek-Australian doctor: Antidiabetic drug metformin may reduce the risk of dementia