Shortly before the gathering of the civil servants union ADEDY at Klafthmonos Square, about 20 persons wearing motorcycle helmets attacked the demonstrators with eggs and stones.
Tje main trade unions of the country are on strike Wednesday against the government's austerity policies. The demonstration was marred by anarchists who were shouting "bums, unionists", while hurling eggs and stones. The attack lasted only a few minutes and immediately the anarchists disappeared. But they managed to break the podium from where unionists would address the crowd and threw flyers with the slogan "No Alliance with Employers".
They wrote slogans on the GSEE building
At the same time members of grassroots unions, the extra-parliamentary left and the antiauthoritarian space, wrote in red spray slogans on the exterior walls of the General Confederation of Labor GSEE building.
The slogans denounce the union's association with employers. And also threw leaflets (flyers) at the General Confederation which complain that it is the boss, and there are also slogans against trade unionists. Protesters remain outside the GSEE building.
- Rural Greece: Strategic plan with incentives for 2,158 mountain villages
- Gov’t sharply condemns latest ‘intervention’ by notorious self-styled anarchist group
- Greece - 60% of employees cutting back from food, 3 out of 4 are lowering heating
- Hellenic Police evict anarchist squat in downtown Athens
- Vandals again destroy Syntagma square
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- British Museum Chair Osborne says talks on a deal on the Parthenon Sculptures will continue
- 2nd Int'l Forum on Women's Entrepreneurship
- PM Mitsotakis to Bloomberg: I want to preserve the good relations with Britain
- Acropolis Museum vs Sunak: "Culture is not only antiquities, but also behavior"
- "Work From Greece" visits Greek destinations