Shortly before the gathering of the civil servants union ADEDY at Klafthmonos Square, about 20 persons wearing motorcycle helmets attacked the demonstrators with eggs and stones.
Tje main trade unions of the country are on strike Wednesday against the government's austerity policies. The demonstration was marred by anarchists who were shouting "bums, unionists", while hurling eggs and stones. The attack lasted only a few minutes and immediately the anarchists disappeared. But they managed to break the podium from where unionists would address the crowd and threw flyers with the slogan "No Alliance with Employers".
They wrote slogans on the GSEE building
At the same time members of grassroots unions, the extra-parliamentary left and the antiauthoritarian space, wrote in red spray slogans on the exterior walls of the General Confederation of Labor GSEE building.
The slogans denounce the union's association with employers. And also threw leaflets (flyers) at the General Confederation which complain that it is the boss, and there are also slogans against trade unionists. Protesters remain outside the GSEE building.
- Greece - 60% of employees cutting back from food, 3 out of 4 are lowering heating
- Hellenic Police evict anarchist squat in downtown Athens
- Vandals again destroy Syntagma square
- Two men arrested in Thessaloniki while attempting to place incendiary devices in former minister's home
- More car arson in the broader Athens area
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- Popular singer Stamatis Kokotas laid to rest
- ECB meets on Cyprus to mull interest rates and inflation
- Athens readies diplomatic reactions amid Ankara deal with Libya under scrutiny
- EOT’s campaign film “Greece DOES have a Winter” a candidate for World’s Best Tourism Film
- Ilias Tsakiris is the new President of the Ocean Hull Committee of the International Marine Insurance Association