Greek police arrested two men trying to steal food stored in a warehouse that was designated for the victims of the Attica fire-stricken areas.
Officers of the special police motorcycle unit “DIAS” caught one of the two men, 37 and 49, red-handed after the security guard at the Nea Makri gym, where the food is stored, spotted them.
The security guard called the police who rushed to the scene and subdued the 37-year-old man. The other perpetrator managed to escape. The police seized a vehicle with two boxes of food in it.
The arrested man was taken before the Athens Office for Misdemeanours, while the investigations for the detection of his accomplice are ongoing.
- ND VP Georgiadis stages poll on what is the most ridiculous act of SYRIZA
- Tsipras for fires: No tolerance any more for unregulated construction
- Citizens sue Greek authorities over fires for involuntary manslaughter
- BBC on Attica fires: drivers were sent into path of blaze by Greek police
- Motor Oil undertakes to immediately rebuilt Lyreion orphanage