As part of the ARIADNE-19 exercise from March 14 to 17, a number of naval forces SNMCMG-2 (Standing Nato Mine Countermeasures Group 2) arrived in Souda Bay.
Among them was the Turkish ship TCG Akçakoca and, as part of the exercise, Turkey's defense ministry published photos from training was in dealing with mines and explosives. So the Turkish divers of the SAS Special Forces were photographed holding the Turkish flag at the bottom of Souda bay.
Please note that the tweet of Ministry Turkey's defense with photos has also been posted to the NATO account on twitter:
- Turkish flag planted on Greek islet in Evros river
- Cypriot youth takes down Turkish flag from occupied village
- Exquisite ancient statuettes of Apollo, Artemis unveiled for first time in Chania next week
- Thessaloniki: Migrants camp in Aristotelous square
- Greek Americans place “Tsipras is not welcome in New York” posters
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- Sen. Menendez: Russia’s supply of S-400s to Turkey constitutes a violation of sanctions
- Thessaloniki Port Auth. expands combined transport to Nis, Serbia
- Turkey: The expediencies of its proclivities in the Aegean
- State deficit in the first seven months of 2022 at 6.09 billion euros
- Paros: a white pebble in an azure sea