High ranking officers in the Greek police force have expressed their concerns over the presence of the Chief of Police, Aristeidis Andrikopoulos at a SYRIZA party rally during the election campaign.
The head of the Greek police force was spotted attending SYRIZA’s final open rally at Syntagma on Friday in downtown Athens with the party’s secretary Panos Skourletis and the Minister of State and close aide of PM Tsipras Alekos Flambouraris.
The news is troubling, as it has raised concerns among officers in the police force, as they claim it is not the first time the Chief of police has attended SYRIZA functions or party events.
His presence at SYRIZA’s party events constitutes a violation of the law, as clause 120/2008 stipulates that any open public expression in favour or against political parties or persons is penalised with a dismissal or cessation.
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- Fire front in Evia out of control
- Ancient Olympia - wildfire - Fears for the archeological site
- Hellenic Banking Association – Banks on the side of the fire victims
- Ηigh, medium-voltage power lines knocked out from raging wildfire
- Fires in Attica – Continuous fires and overnight battle on three fronts