"The conditions [in the British Museum galleries where the Parthenon Sculptures are kept], as shown in photographs published in the press on Wednesday, are very disappointing for the British Museum and extremely insulting for the exhibits, especially when the exhibits are the Parthenon Sculptures. The state of neglect currently presented by the British Museum strengthens Greece's righteous claim for a permanent return of the Sculptures to Athens and their reunification with the Parthenon," Culture Minister Lina Mendoni replied to the press on Wednesday, according to a culture ministry announcement.
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- Fire front in Evia out of control
- Ancient Olympia - wildfire - Fears for the archeological site
- Hellenic Banking Association – Banks on the side of the fire victims
- Ηigh, medium-voltage power lines knocked out from raging wildfire
- Fires in Attica – Continuous fires and overnight battle on three fronts